Re: Line6 DL4 Group Buy Update

Here's a quick update:

Prices seem to be around $230, but it may take some dickering.  If Scott
(working under the email alias Jeffery Hildebrand
<jshildebrand@ucdavis.edu>) can do better than $185 -- or equivalent, with
power supply, from Guitar Center, and will ship within the US, I say we go
for a group buy at that price.  Yes, we'd pay shipping charges surely.

Scott, can you do that?

Otherwise, I say every looper for himself and call 8th street music in
Philly!  185!  Did that include power supply?  People seem pretty anxious
and may not want to wait to save the extra $30 or $40 if they can get it
for
$185 with no group buy hassles.

BTW, I did email Fred's and Alto music yesterday -- no reply yet.

Also, I did check out a DL4 at Guitar Center last night.  The sales staff
had no idea of the potential.  I plugged it in, started looping (no manual
needed -- it's pretty darn easy) and before long the manager was behind me
begging to try it.  I handled over the guitar and ran the buttons while he
laid down some rythm, then another complimentary track, then solos.  He was
amazed as I explained to him the benefits and pleasures of looping.  I
accidentally hit the reverse mode and the manager was blown away -- "Hey
Frank!  Check it out!  Jimi Hendrix!".  I had seen all I needed so I
started
to unplug the rig.  The manager protested, "No, no!  Leave it, I'm gonna
jam
some more.  I gotta check this thing out!".  They should be paying me!
Quoted price: $235.

Impression: worth the money.  The EDP is worth every penny of $600 or so I
paid last year.  The DL4 would be worth every penny especially if it were
just $185!

Total loop time:  I clocked it over 20 secs. using the 1/2 speed function
in
mono.  Not sure if mono changes things, but the 1/2 speed sure did.  My
highly scientific method:  hit record while keeping an eye on my analog
watch.  Looper timed itself out and went into loop mode automatically
somewhere around 20 - 25 secs.

I just saw the Travis/JPrice email about 8th street being the best bet so
far.  Look like that's our best shot!

Greg out.