DL4: Overdub->Play without stopping?

Hi list,

On the DL4, can one move from Overdub mode (with audio slowly fading away)
to Play mode (without decay, right?) without
stopping the unit? In other words, can I press the Record/Overdub switch
to stop Overdub mode and enter Play mode?

After a couple of overdubs, I want the unit to repeat the loop forever,
without
decay, until I want to layer again. I don't want to stop the unit, of
coarse, to get this done. The manual is not clear
at this point.

Thanks for any info,

Robert