Re: Interesting...

At 02:14 PM 3/10/00 +0000, johnmcc@aldiscon.ie wrote:
>[Larry:]
>> On the otherhand, religion is a closed book, it's dogma
>> rarely (if ever) open to questioning and revision.
>
>Yep, and a pity .. I've often felt that there may be more to be gained
>from
>understanding the questions than from the possible answer ..

would it be more accurate to say "religion, *as often promoted by western
religions instututions*, is a closed book"?  i believe religion *can* (and
should?) be open to questioning and revision.

thanks to all for their contributions to this fascinating thread,
dan
___
dan mcmullen, ca, usa                      don't worry - pay attention
mailto:dog@well.com                                       707-485-0220
pgp fingerprint  =  1C70 8D81 6B94 93A9 F2D8  9609 2122 BF70 8619 EDAF