Re: Looping Therapy

Hello.

    I've been finding this thread very interesting, as it is something I am
looking to pursue. Unfortunately I don't really know where to begin. Can
anybody recommend any books or sound recordings that are relevant to "Loop
Therapy". I would actually like to learn how to do this in a, shall I say
it, scientific manner. What I mean is I wish to learn about the principles
of vibration, and how to manipulate them so I can help people physically,
mentally, and emotionally. Not just loop pretty sounds with no real idea of
what I'm doing.
    I do believe that music/sound can cure physical aliments, such as
cancer. Because what is radiation treatment but focusing an intense
vibration (radiation) at the tumor. But perhaps I'm oversimplifying.
    Has anybody here heard of the avant-gard trombonist Stuart Dempster?
His
site: http://faculty.washington.edu/dempster/ . He does some amazing things
with a groups called the Deep Listening Band and Sound Massage Parlour .
Like play with a group of trombone players in an old cistern with a 45
second reverberation.

Thanks for any and all information,

David Green