Looper or multitrack?: (Was Looping Therapy)

This is an interesting topic. And I have experienced some consciousness
change and entrainment through interacting with my loops.

This is somewhat related but slightly askew of the topic:

One of the biggest obstacles to the (self) therapy is that 9 times out of
10
I create something in the EDP that I want to record (to disk) and use as a
foundation for a composition. And often I wish I would have recorded the
instruments/lines on separate tracks from the start.  But now in the
'perfection' of the moment, they're all on one mono track! Of course an
entirely different type of music and feel results from starting on a multi
track, and doing take after take, etc.

It creates a whole new sense of being a player/composer that the loops can
go for hours or weeks if you don't reset or turn off the power, but are
gone
the instant you do. I often get too 'attached' or regret having wiped the
slate, or suffer some anxiety in deciding betwixt the two.

There are things I'd never be able to re-create and this creates a sense of
'scarcity' so I get overly 'precious' with the current loops.

How do others deal with this? (hope I made myself clear)

Neil