Re: xenakis and "drumming" and Jam Man

I'd like to extend a quick howdy to David Van Tieghem and say how thrilled
am that he is in on this list.  I was a little late being ushered into the
age of the compact disc but when I finally broke down and got my first
player, the first cd that I new I wanted to 'try the system out' was
David's
'89 release 'Strange Cargo' on the Private music label.  His use of
keyboards, sampling and the odd assortment of musical toys has definitely
got
a mature and timeless vibe that resists sounding dated to this day.  (..a
fate that even Bill Laswell has not escaped!)  Seek this stuff out people!

-Todd