Re: Klein

  I had wanted a Klein for years.  After years of accumulating a vast
folder
of info on all Klein instruments I finally had to give up the ghost and
admit
I could probably never afford one (I am extremely 'budgeted').
The sadly defunct Musician magazine then ran a contest  involving Torns'
Polytown project.  I couldn't believe it when I actually won!  My prize
was a
Klein guitar, and a  Lexicon Vortex and Jamman!  I nearly had a heart
attack!!
-Anyway Kleins are the greatest guitars around.  Mine is the ye olde basic
model with EMG pickups (which I kinda like because they send a real strong
and quiet signal through my fx rack).  I also had the TransTrem installed
-
which is not really suggested by the group at Klein for reasons that Kevin
stated in an earlier post...but I just dig it too much!!
As Kevin also stated earlier, you really could not ask for a nicer person
work with then Lorenzo at Klein.
-as for why so many loopers and 'out' artists use Kleins, I believe they
just
have more discerning tastes and are more accepting of such an 'odd' shaped
instrument.