audio file problems-IMPORTANT

Hi everybody,
here in Italy some people has found problems after downloading audio files such as mp3, real audio,...
They have found some of they audio and jpeg files were starting to fade from memory.
There was something that is not recognized as a virus, that copies the original audio and video files in .wbg and, once it has finished this procedure, starts to attack the original files breaking them.
The concrete suspect is that this problem has been imported from audio file downloading.
To check if your pc has been infected you can start a search of files with *.wbg extension.
Pcs have often files with such extension but, if you find that some of the files you have saved as mp3, real, jpeg etc. have a copy one as .wpg, it may be that you can have been in touch with that problem.
Hope this could be helpful.
Personally, I don't have found any of these .wbg on my Pc, hope for you it could be the same.
Luca