Re: Noises through pickups

Holy Cow, batman, are all of those singing bowls yours?  Must make
for great parties.  i can only imagine all of them going...awesome
collection, Dennis!

>For a picture of my "bowling team" (my buddy Joe and I), see
>http://www.worldserver.com/bowls/dennis_joe1.jpg and
>http://www.worldserver.com/bowls/dennis_joe.jpg .  I'm on the left...(one
>of
>these days I'll get my website up)...
>
>IMHO: I've never played an instrument that I've "felt" as much as a
>singing
>bowl.  Not only do you feel the vibrations through the stick but also
>through your other hand.  It's fun to put water in it and watch the
>patterns, too.

I'm gonna second that.  nothing 'feels' like the bowls when they're
getting going...the water trick is a blast too.  i've noticed that
the patterns that develop are strikingly similar to alot of pics i've
seen of mandalas/fractal/golden curve images.  me like.

rich

ps.  dennis, have you tried setting a large bowl on the ground (on a
little bean bag or something), putting some water in it, and floating
a smaller bowl in it and then playing?