Re: SPG in the UK...

> Don't get me started on the LMC... for a supposedly avant-garde
organization
> they have the most ruthless thought police ever - improv not free enough?
> not real music. improv too free? not real music. too many guitar pedals?
> you're an old hippy with too much cash.  I kid you not.

That doesn't sound too good - I'm not into being forced to be unmelodic...
It's a problem with marketing broad music - people expect you to be either
experimental or ambient, or jazzy or harsh or whatever, and I cross these
boundaries fairly regularly within one tune... I guess that's why Bill
Frisell is so inspiring - he seems to have no boundaries.

Did anyone else go and see him play in London on Sunday night? What an
unbelieveable evening's music, and some serious DL4 useage too...

Steve
web-site - www.steve-lawson.co.uk
e-mail - steve@steve-lawson.co.uk