Re: MAX and MIDI and Looping

Hello Matthias!

Matthias Grob wrote:

> >I'm still searching for a MIDI software looper for the Mac.  Anybody?
> >If there's nothing out there better than the looping capabililties of -
> >say - Digital Performer then I gather Max is the option that's left.
> >I heard mention of a Max list - anybody have info?
>
> so you dont like POLAR?

Polar is very nice indeed, but it loops audio and not MIDI.  It is a
looping function geared towards recording rather than performing (as is the
meager MIDI memory point looping function as well).  In fact, "Performer"
is a misnomer for this software, IMHO.  It's more of a "Recorder."

> I wanted to see that and I have a crack of
> Performer, but I dont see where POLAR is... a plug in?

It's in the Windows menu.  If you have the tutorials (which are on the CD)
there's a quicktime movie of some MOTU guy showing you how to use it.

eo
--
eric oberthaler
http://www.soundsliketree.com