Re: Need a hand with EDP sample dump

Elby in trouble:
>I'm trying to get the EDP to dump sysex data to cakewalk, and also
>trying to understand the dump process.  I could use a helping hand  :)
>I have a very cakewalk-specific "how to" question, and then a couple of
>more general EDP questions.
>
>I'm getting the sysex data on my PC, in fact I can monitor it using
>Midi-OX.  It's coming in 127 byte "chunks" .  I have sysex turned on in
>Cakewalk, with them max number of buffers set (128).  Also have midi
>echo turned off (stumbled over that one for a while! lol)   Cakewalk is
>definitely seeing the EDP, I can record continuous controller messages
>45 and 46 (some sort of loop timing info?).  When I try to record sysex,
>(either by using <you start dump on instrument> from the sysex view, or
>simply by hitting "record" in the track view), however, I don't see any
>data arriving.  I have no trouble recording sysex from other devices
>using the same procedure.  Is there something different about the EDP
>messages or communication that might be causing me a problem?
>
>I've been finding the display on the EDP when dumping data confusing.
>the manual says that the numbers will show the percentage of dump
>completed.  What I'm seeing is a rapid cycling of numbers from 0 to 127,

block counting, seems normal

>with a "d" in two different positions toggling back and forth (but not
>syncronized with the numbers).  I have no idea what this is telling me.

d for download is also correct

>Also, the manual says to expect that transmission time will be 10 to 15
>times the length of the current loop.  This makes sense to me.  I
>recorded a 2 second loop and timed the dump.  It took 3 minutes.  That's
>90 times the length.  At this speed, a 20 second loop will take
>half-an-hour to transfer.  Is my EDP working properly?

Since MIDI works in general its certainly not a problem of just your
unit, but either your setup or an incompability between the EDP and
Calkewalk...
I use neither MIDIdump nor Cakewalk so I hope that someone else has
some experience. Otherwhise I will have to take some time to work
into this.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org