Re: OT: Fender at NAMM?

>>> rich@nuvisionsca.com 01/23/01 01:42PM >>>
> curious to why your POD and monitor situation is not working for you? i
>follow the line6 message board occasionally, and lots of folks are having
>really good luck with a POD / poweramp / monitor setup, or running into
>just the poweramp section of their amps via the fx return. what's your
>setup like? rich

I use a Boss GT-5 with a power amp and 3-way speaker setup, and find that
it doesn't have the projection that you get using guitar speakers. If your
monitors are GREAT, then yes, the sound is very good... but in a dense
mix, I find that guitar speakers really get through better. I'm currently
now in the quandry of getting better guitar sound vs. full-range sound for
my drum machine, vocals and keys. It's definitely more damn gear to
carry...

> ps.  if a jake is a Johnson, then that decision is up to you.  The
>current POD vs. Johnson argument is as bad than the EDP vs. Repeater.
>Me, i'll take the line6 sound anyday.

I'm guessing, but there is a "Jake" amp made by Rivera.

>> Wondering if any of you Nammsters saw/heard the new Fender modelling
>amp, and could offer a quick take.  I'm much in need of an amp, as
>running through a pod and monitors is wearing a little thin, in every
>sense....was all set to get a Jake, but now I'm thinking of waiting for
>the Cyber-Twin to arrive.

I wonder if they've "nailed" that Fender sound? Will it have emulations of
other amps as well?

-Miko