Re: Any More Info on New BOSS Loopin

Hello all,

I sat in for the demo of the new Boss pedal twice and also talked with a
few
reps at Roland.  I think the price will actually be closer to $350 list.
This
may be wrong...

I was largely disappointed with the pedal as a serious looping device for
the
following reasons

1.  Once the initial loop is laid, it locked in. This unit DOES NOT
OPERATE
LIKE A DELAY.  You can overdub to your hearts content, but the old layers
will never fade away or decay.

2.  There is an annoying click track which sets up a tempo.  It is
defeatable, but it still annoyed me. (just a personal dislike)

3.  It was nowhere as cool as a Jamman and not even close to a DL4 in
terms
of flexibility or practical use.

Now on the plus side.  5 min. is an awsome time length for loop capacity.
This unit would be perfect if only you could have old layers decay as you
added new loops.

This is only my opinion, but I find the DL4 the better buy for the price
as
it also has really killer delays which you can play with.

I also agree that the interface was very clunky and very vanilla.

- Paul