Re: fretless looping guitars

Ned Evett, the fretless guitarist behind fretlessguitar.com (which also
includes other endorsees such as Reeves Gabrels, Dweezil Zappa, new
addition
Adrian Belew, etc.), favors glass fingerboards because of their tone.
Kind
of like using glass slides vs steel slides for slide guitar playing.

I too am fine, btw, with the rosewood fingerboard of my Fernandes.  It
does
have some dead spots, though.  I guess having a fingerboard made of a
harder
substance such as glass or steel (as found on Vigier's fretless guitar or
my
friend Francesco's quarter-fretless Grand Stick) would go a long way
towards
eliminating the dead spots.

Paolo