re: vocal loops

The URL for that app is http://www.nextuptech.com/  and of course,  I have purchased this little app, and it is the bomb. I go to lyric.com, (or whatever that site is, that has all the lyrics to current songs, and I cut and paste those lyrics into Text Aloud MP3). Now, for inflections and pauses, I use comma's, and hyphens and stuff, to get the vocals flowing rhymatically, then I throw them in Sound Forge, for editing, and "Effects", and viola, you got Marty The Martian singing "All 4 U", it's cool !

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Rick Walker \(loop.pool\)"
Subject: re: vocal loops
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:36:32 -0700
speaking of vocals, I'm working on a piece right now that involves a little
shareware program I just downloaded that converts text to speech.
It is called Text Aloud and it has four voices (three men and one woman?)
whose voices you can change the pitch and speed of.
Fascinated with trying to f*ck up simple programs and see what interesting
artifacts that I can get out of them, I typed in a whole bunch of vowel
combinations like, "oooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu aaaaaiiiiiii
eeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuu oaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoa
aaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu
uuandsometimesw
etc.
It produced the coolest warbling effects. I then chopped the experiments
and used them in as my 'lead vocals' in a piece that my wife calls, "party
music from mars".........it has this jaunty latin-esque thing to it,
primarily because I generated a random marimba line using fractals (another
cool randomization program, SoftStep2.0 that writes really wierd midi
sequences using
different randomization algorythms). It's strange and I'm liking it a lot.
I guess this kind of qualifies for this thread.
yours, Rick (loop..........ah you get the idea)
PS I don't think that I have the URLs for these programs anymore but it
should be easy enough to find them by typing their names into any good
search engine (I recommend Googol)