Re: SV: Demo of Repeater in slomo?

At 02:19 PM 9/13/2001, Per Boysen wrote:
> [...]

What Robert is looking for is an effect like tape speed change, or delay
time change on old delays, where changing the speed *does* change the
pitch. Among Loopers, that effect has always been see as a good and
desireable thing, while among remix artists it is apparently a bad thing.
(I assume that is why the repeater doesn't work that way?)

So no, the repeater does not do the tape speed slow down effect. Speed and
pitch change are independent. You could probably rig up a midi continuous
controller setup where two midi cc messages were sent at the same time to
control both pitch and time. (I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it
works or how much it sounds like a real slow-down effect.)  With real tape
speed or delay time slow downs you don't get artifacts in the audio. with
sustained sounds in the repeater, you get artifacts when you time stretc.
have experienced that with long sustained chords the speed correction
causes artifacts after 5-10BPM of change. Some of you probably want those
artifacts, so it is good I guess. If you weren't expecting it, you'll
probably find it annoying.

kim