two minds

It has become clear, following this list over years, that loopers seem to
be
of two minds.  The Acid guys and the EDP guys are really two completely
separate camps.  Those of us on "Kim's side" can't understand the desire to
save a loop; a never-changing loop just isn't the living thing that an
evolving loop is.  I equate the static loop with MIDI music, which is a
spitting out of notes and sounds on command.  Not to discredit that
approach, but I feel that it's a very different animal.  Not looking to
start a holy war here, but there is a very strict division between these
mindsets, and I think we should recognize this.  Could it actually call for
two separate lists?

David Lee Myers