Re: Loops for Acid

Hey, I know I've done it now. I have waited to see the reaction to my
post,
before I made comment (I've seen this sort of thing escalate in the past),
so for the last and FINAL time, I will not do the trade).
This is a very sensitive issue, one that has me in a very difficult
position.

I have been getting Loops for ACID since ACID 1.0a (I was one of the first
to get this back in the day), and frankly it was before Sonic Foundry had
the internet set up it had today, whereas you could sample (download)
loops
to get a feel of what they were like.
Several of my loop purchases were from the local Guitar Center, and they
did
not even have a PC set up where you could review the loops, so on several
occasions, I purchased Loops, that when I got them home, and to my
chagrin,
they were not what I needed, and the $30 or $40 bucks I shelled out was a
lost. (Guitar Center is not like MicroCenter, they will not take back open
software, and they consider Loops For Acid, software).
So I have quite a few of those Loops, that have been sitting around for
the
past couple of years, doing nothing.
So, one of the Loopers, wanted to trade for some of my Loops, I jumped to
the chance, just in the slim chance, that I could recoup my losses, if not
just to get some loops that I could use.
This was NOT going to be a cash transaction, but barter instead !

I get the impression, that some of the Loop Producers who are in our
group,
fear that I was going to undermine the very structure of our economy with
this transaction. Trust me, there are things happening in the world, far
more insidious, than my trading a couple of "old" Loop CD's.
What about the WAREZ groups, who are offering the newest version of ACID
for
free ?

There are more folks with cracked versions of ACID, than folks who
actually
bought it. Nobody is beating the drum for that ! I bought all my versions
of
ACID, and that does get me UPSET !
And what about some sites offering ACID loops for download !?!
I have seen Torn and some other producers loops out there for download on
couple of occasions, how come no one is shutting those sites down ?

I know I was targeted,because I was in direct site, but I am not the one
be jumping on... by far.

Mr. Torn and Mr. Cavallo have expressed their opinion in this matter, and
respect their opposition in this issue. Whether or not they would had lost
any revenue over my trade... hummmm I doubt it. I don't think their loops
were in my "trade bin".

Lucien E. Darthard
A Goal Is A Dream With A Deadline Placed On It.

http://ldarthard.ohgo.com/