Re: VERY interesting article!!!

Personally, I'm quietly planning to get rich quick selling
all-vacuum-tube ethernet hubs. :-)

A lot of people seem to be misunderstanding what this technology is.
It's not so much about guitar synthesizers or computer simulations,
but more about putting a preamp and analog to digital converter
inside the instrument, then sending audio samples over a network.

Of course there is still plenty of room for purists who prefer
specific analog effects, but for people who plug into a rack or floor
full of digital effects, and constantly mess with routing, patching
and mixing, this kind of approach can work really well.

Realisitically, audio-over-ethernet isn't new, and from what I read
MaGIC is this year's acronym for pretty much the same technology
Gibson showed last year at AES under the moniker GMICS.

Don't get me wrong, I am very much in favor of low-cost single-cable
audio/control/power wiring schemes for music. I've been using
Cobranet (64 channels of audio over 100BaseT) heavily over the past
year and it's been fantastic.