Re: VERY interesting article!!!

Now I'm not a guitar player (though I have a lot of friends who are), but
isn't a guitar's sound colored a great deal by the interaction of the
pick-up and pre-amp?  And also by the power-amp and speaker?  So a built-in
pre-amp/DAC/ethernet would pretty much lock you into a given sound,
wouldn't
it?  Of course you can twist the sound as much as you like at the receiving
end but that's a different matter.  And I assume you could add an ethernet
connection to your amp, too.  But then, where does the direct connection go
to on a vocalist?  Perhaps a simple medical procedure?  Hmm?  ;)

Otherwise, it's pretty cool!

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com