re:[OT] Handsonic's Potential 4 Wackiness

>Do you mean internal sequences or external? I use mine to sync midi clock
>to my edp as well as my partner's edp...The only thing I REALLY wish it
>had was another pair of stereo outs.   tr

I was thinking internal sequences, generally to the on-board sounds.  For
the "play sequence" setting* , I could imagine setting up sequences for
each chord in a tune as being the most basic way to go about it.  You
reserve the inner pads for percussion sounds and use, say, some spacey,
droney sounds within the sequences.

It weirded me out when I got the thing, that this "electronic bongo" has
better piano sounds than my old Proteus.  I find myself wishing it had good
fiddle patches, so I could set it up as a cross between Jon Hassel's
"Fourth World" sounds and bluegrass.

So as you may have guessed, I've been too busy gawking at the possibilities
for programming tweaks to its internal sounds, and I haven't done much
contemplation of using it to control other stuff.

* (as opposed to the "play next note event in the sequence" -- not that
that's what it's officially called)
---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *