Central Coast Looping Music Festival

Hi Naci-

On Saturday March 2nd, 2002 San Luis Obispo will be the site of the
first ever Central Coast Looping Music Festival, which will be a
gathering of individuals who make music using delays to achieve rhythmic
and non-rhythmic loops as a basis for musical expression.  At present
there are 15 individuals, mostly from the West Coast but also from as
far away as Brazil, who are currently signed up to participate in the
event.  This event will serve as a chance for these "Loopers," as we are
known, to share our unique and diverse form of music with each other and
with the local community.

The reason I am contacting you is that I would like to give SLO Brew the
first chance at hosting this event.  I envision it as an all-day affair
beginning at noon with demos of key looping equipment by their
developers, proceeding with performances through the day, and
culminating with night-time performances by the professional musicians
participating in the event.  While I realize that looping music is
certainly a niche and most likely a foreign concept to most people in
the community, I feel that liberal use of advertising and the media
could generate interest to draw a large enough crowd to SLO Brew to make
this show worthwhile.  Similar events held in Santa Cruz, Los Angeles,
and the Bay Area have all been successful, and another loop festival is
being planned for New York City.

Please consider this proposal, and let me know what you think about the
idea.  I realize that you will need to hear examples of the music before
making a decision, so I will gather demos from as many participants as I
can for you to listen to.  Please also check out the following website:
www.loopers-delight.com for more information about loop-based music.  I
hope to hear from you soon whether or not you agree that SLO Brew would
be the right place to hold this event.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Hans Lindauer
hans@ernieball.com