Re:the perils of live looping (addition question)

I have a related question regarding how to "reset" the
audiences expectations. I have only played out a few
times at an open mic night, and my looping went ok (as
far as not making any horrible mistakes) but it didn't
get much of a response besides puzzlement and all
questions after where gear related. So I'm wondering
if any of you set up your performances in some way. -
like a 5 min. solo full of sweep picking just to let
people know you can rock out if you want? ; )
Thanks.

Aaron