Sustain

I will not be a BIG help, but I remember a few things...

A driver is basically a reverse pick with threeetime wider wire and
three time less turns on the magnets...
I remember a article (great, I can't find it anymore) abiut that that
added that to get the driver to run, you needed a preamp onboard that
would deliver (sorry, here I miss the exact info....) between 10 and 50
mA to the driver.

Now there is the acoustic way.
I remember a guy on the Stick list explaining this:
He used a contact driver (kind of a loudspeaker without a membrane, used
to drive surfaces like glass).
He used a second amp (50 W) whose output was fed into the contact driver
glued somehow on the back of his instrument. A vol pedal on the amp
would allow to control amount of sustain with the foot.
The WHOLE intrument would then resonate (very different tone than "usual
sustainers", like the very early sustainiac system...

Hope this helps.

Olivier Malhomme