Re: Hammerfall interface

This is a little off-topic, but I want to upgrade the sound quality of my
home studio -- I've got a G4 with Digital Performer and an audiomedia III
card (and  mackie mixer).  Have been considering a MOTU interface such as
the 2408 or 1224; keeping the audiomedia card and getting stand alone a/d
d/a converters (apogee or mytek); a digidesign 001; or the hammerfall
interface.
Anyone have any advice?  Or if this is too offtopic, know where I could get
some good info?
Thanks.