Re: Am I good enough for my looper?

esinsnippein~
-----Original Message-----
From: Graham, Lindsay <lgraham@post.cis.smu.edu>
To: 'Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com'
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2002 2:28 PM
Subject: RE: Am I good enough for my looper?

>I think you know what you'd like to sound like by now, so go with that.
>gear is just stuff we use to communicate, like language.
>
>best regards, Pedro Felix - NYC 2002
><<
>
>Exactly.  My problem is a lack of vocabulary.  I feel as if I'm
saying>"like" and "dude" far too often in the company of Churchill or
Eliot.
The>Repeater put me at the same table as greatness.  I need to find the
language>to retain my seat.  Otherwise, I should just go back to the DL4
kiddy table
>(not to malign the many fabulous DL4 users-I have two, remember).

sounds like you've already decided what you are using to extend your voice.
so work out the DL4's till they don't go somewhere you hear, then maybe??
dunno.

>I realize it's a matter of growth and discovery.  But I needed to express
>the profound sadness I felt when I finally realized, "well, sh*t, now I've
>actually got to do something fantastic.  The repeater just removed all the
>roadblocks."  It's scary to face your own limitations and find you have
>nothing to blame it on (like, "if I only had the Againinator, I would be
>awesome.")  I know many of you have already made this realization, the one
>resulting in self-reliance, but, man, getting through that first step is
>heartbreaking.

I guess i take it for granted that all loopers, well heck people who make
music in any capacity do so as an extension of who they are and what they
wish to convey. But that's where I come from-
and/or: remove the blocks.
br, Pedro