Re: Append to end of loop?

At 12:54 PM 1/29/2002, Kevin Goldsmith wrote:
>It seems vaguely in my memory that we've discussed this on the list
>before...
>
>I was watching Bill Horist play last night (if you haven't heard of him,
>do
>yourself a favor, he's an amazing looping guitarist from Seattle).  He
>uses
>a Jam-man.  He did something that sounded like appending a little extra
>something onto the end of a loop.  While I know that he didn't actually do
>it, it got me thinking how useful that would be.  I know that there are
>ways
>that I could hack it with my EDP or Repeater, but it'd be nice to have
>that
>functionality built in somehow.
>
>Is this in Loop4 or the Repeater OS1.5?  Pretty please?

That's just the Insert function on the EDP. That's always been there, it
doesn't require any update. You can insert either segments of time
perfectly equal to your existing loop cycle times, or you can just insert
fragment independent of that. Simple to use, all works in real time. You
can insert at the end or beginning or somewhere in the middle, wherever
you
choose. With quantize you can force it to happen exactly at the loop
startpoint, or you can do it "free" and unquantized, whenever you tap.
Repeater doesn't have any insert function. I didn't think the jamman did
either, so I'm not sure what this fellow was doing. Maybe that's part of
Bob's update.

kim