OT: Racking again (was Re: biz's signal path was Re: SpaceStation - long, and complicated.)

How heavy is the SKB mini-gig?

I'm trying to figure out how to make my equipment reasonably portable in a
more or less protected fashion. Here are my needs:

I've got about 10 rack spaces worth of equipment that I'm using -- probably
headed for 11 or 12. Most of it is reasonable shallow with a couple of
annoying exceptions. I'm configuring it all through a Mackie 1642.

What I've got right now is a 6 space rack crate (essentially a milk crate
in
construction) sitting on top of a 12-space Anvil rack on casters. I
actually
have almost nothing in the Anvil because I've found it to be really
annoying
having controls down by my feet. My MoFX is sitting on a couple of bars on
my A-frame keyboard stand so that it's easy to get to from my Handsonic.
The
Mackie is also on the keyboard stand.

Issues that I'd like to resolve:

* The rack crate is fine at home, but I probably should be cautious about
taking it anywhere.

* I don't have anything for packing up the Mackie.

* Whatever I go with, I need a reasonable way to make the controls on most
of the rack items and on the mixer accessible while seated.

* I want equipment that I can move without killing my back or having a
heightened risk of dropping due to weight.

If I got a mini-gig could I leave the mixer fully connected to the items in
the rack? Would the unit be reasonably portable when loaded? Are there
recommendations for what I could set it on to get it situated at a
reasonable height?

The other option I've been considering (based on suggestions from the list)
is a could smaller racks sitting on amp stands so that they tilt back for
better visibility. I'd have to come up with something on which to put the
mixer, however. Perhaps a good table that could also hold picks, E-Bow,
etc.? If I go the amp stand route, does anyone have specific
recommendations? Do I need to worry about having something with a wide
enough back bar so that it actually extends over the width of the rack
unit?

On a related note, are the rack mount power conditioners worth the extra
money relative to what I can pick up at Office Depot for use with
computers?

Thanks.
Mark