Re: learn to use the gear I have.(going OT)

hey,

I guess this was part of my question too, but I never included in the
text,
which would make it hard to answer since technically it wasn't asked.  But
now that you've let the cat out - how do, or did, you infinitely
experienced
loopers go about starting your music-making?  personally, pre-aquisition
stage, I've always jammed with loops in mind, or tried to auralise just
what
whatever it is I'm playing would sound like being repeated.
Unfortunately,
my mind doesn't work too well with overdub, and that's why I require all
these
pseudo cybernetic extensions of what I feel are intrinsic human looping
capabilities.

at the moment, my approach largely does consist of the mess with stuff!
approach as advocated by mike, but I would like to start incorporating a
little
more structure in with the mayhem.  Is looping, in all practicalities,
largely
depepndent on emergent phenomenon  arising from the mess with stuff!
approach?  What other possibilities lie in the loop?

-michael