FS: Casio MG500 midi guitar...

Casio MG500 Midi guitar in good shape with tremolo bar and hardshell
case - $400

I recently picked up a Casio PG380 so I no longer need my flagship midi
guitar. I am selling a Casio Model  MG500 in while with black pick guard
and Rosewood neck.  When I got it I had it set up by a local guitar tech
who also installed a special wood jam in the tremolo bridge. This bridge
limits the whammy bend so the unit stays in tune better and it's easily
removable if you don't want it to make back to factory spec.

The guitar itself was made by Ibanez (Hoshino for those in the know) in
the 80s and it a 5 position three single coil strat type design with the
third pickup also acting as a humbucker (with a dedicated switch). It is
an *incredibly* nice and playable guitar in it's own right and is the
BEST all-in-one midi guitar unit IMO thanks to Casio's unique design
with includes all electronics in the guitar body itself. there is a
single Midi out jack near the 1/4" out. There is no rack unit and no
special pickup required. It spits velocity sensitive midi out right from
the box including volume and program info.

I'd give the guitar an 8 on a scale of 10 only because it is missing one
screw and two rubber pads on the back. The dip switches all work 100%
(one has the tip taken off but it's easily switchable with a screwdriver
or pencil which you have to use anyway since they are so small). It is
the weird spaceship MG500 design, much rarer than the standard Strat
body MG510, and I have never seen another one in white (most are black).
It has a nice weight and everything (including the midi out) works 100%.
Collectable, playable, and just damn nice.

I have one picture of the actual guitar here:
http://www.helpwantedproductions.com/mg500.jpg
(I can take more pictures if you'd like, just ask)

More info on the capabilities of this guitar can be found at:
http://jpsongs.com/troubadortech/casmgtr.htm

It comes with a hardshell case (not insignificant as it doesn't fit most
case designs due to it's weird shape) and I'm sure I have a copy of the
manual and dip switch settings which allow you to do stuff like set each
string to send a different midi channel etc.

I will be posting this at a different price to the 'net at large so if
you're interested please be sure to mention you're a member of LD.

Price is firm but I will consider trades as well. Buyer pays shipping
and any other fees (I accept paypal or USPS MO) Pickup in Phila PA also
welcome.

Thanks!

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.