Re: Pay attention

Note that my original phrasing and the phrasing for this thread was/is "pay
attention" not "watch". I don't really care whether people watch me.
Watching the video from Loopstock confirmed for me that I pretty much
completely failed to look at the audience. I wish I had looked at the
audience more, but that's a different issue.

What I worry about with respect to drum machines is whether it makes it
easy
for people to say "Oh. Drum machine." and then tune out more or less
completely. As someone with an ambient bent, that would seemingly be fine
but then a lot of drum machine results aren't particularly "ambient".

I'm hoping that whoever made the remark to me at Loopstock (Max?) will
chime
in with his experiences on the effects of drum machines on performance.

I think there's probably also a big difference between playing a drum
machine and using a drum machine as an automated accompanist. As someone
who
is primarily worrying about guitar playing, I've been looking for something
that strikes a nice middle ground between "start drum machine and let it
run" and "interact semi-constantly with the drum machine".

Mark