Re: Mail Order Source for DL4?

Huh, I'm not sticking up for zZounds or Musician's Friend, but I've done
a bunch of business with zZounds, and have always found them to be
pretty good, as opposed to Musician's Friend, which is usually
befuddled.  One of the things I like about both companies, is that they
let you purchase something, then if you don't like the way it sounds or
works with your system, you can return it.  NO QUESTIONS ASKED.  Maybe
someone bought your two DL4s and found that they needed something higher
end and purchased an Echoplex or Repeater instead.  My point here is,
how could they do this (at no charge to the trier) and then sell what
would be a unit in perfect condition to someone else, and take a loss?
I honestly think you're kidding yourself about getting a "Factory sealed
box"  If you get a unit that's in 100% working order with a
manufacturer's warrentee, be happy and stop giving your retailer a hard
time.

I purchased a Korg Groove processor from zZounds, and I DID NOT LIKE
IT.  It just wasn't doing what I hoped it would do, and I don't think
there would have been any way I could have discovered that in a store.
I sent it back in 100% condition.  It might be a great unit for someone
else, but not for me.  I did the same with a Lexicon MPX500.  Both items
I'd have no problem selling as "new".  No scratches or wear, but not
"Factory sealed."   You can't expect a nice refund policy and to always
get a factory sealed box.  You can't have it both ways, it's just not
realistic.  Scratch and dents are another story...

Mark Sottilaro