CARP passed- this sucks.

A good explanation is here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8271-2002May25.html
Also, I've heard but have yet to confirm that the RIAA will be collecting
fees "on behalf" of artists and labels that are not RIAA members. Meaning
that if I have a song that plays on somafm or any live365 stream (etc) the
RIAA is collecting money for that song... and I highly doubt that I or any
other small artist will see that money unless we go to the RIAA and demand
it.
-
valerie