Re: Looper census

At 11:51 AM 7/9/2002, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
>So basically, I just want to say that the Repeater was and IS still a
>great product.  If I didn't own one, I'd be buying one now before they're
>gone forever.  Electrix's mistakes had nothing to do with their product,
>but more about internal stuff that I'm sure we'll never really know
>about.  Here's what not to do as a company:
>
>Discontinue all of your products except for one.
>Tell the public release dates that have nothing to do with reality.
>Make up lies about why the product is late that are obviously pure
>bullshit.
>Alternate giving lot's of info out to the public, with being totally
>silent.
>Ignore customers that offer (for free) to hold seminars on your product.
>
>I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

since I opened my repeater the other day and poked around, I would also
add:

- engineer a very costly to manufacture product, with expensive parts,
multiple PCB's, custom plastics, extrusions, expensive power supply, and a
lot of complex hand assembly requirements; target it for a small niche
market; then set the list price of your product at only $750. Six months
later, smack palm against forehead and say, "ohhh, you mean we were
supposed to sell it for *more* than it cost to build it?"

kim