Re: Audio Interface options for recording loops

     Just to second Jim's note, I am using the Echo Layla24 Laptop (PC).
It
works extremely well. I've been using it for location recording,
SoftSynths,
and sound design. They do have Mac drivers. Of course this is a $695.00
unit,
so you may decide that it is too far out of your price range.
     A friend of mine is using the Delta 1010 (PC), and is very happy with
it. I believe that they have Mac drivers as well. This is a $595.00 unit.
     I know that you are limited on budget, but you may want to consider
buying one these units, or one with similar I/O capability. Both Echo and
M-Audio have less expensive sound cards as well.
     Marc