Re: Thanks and a ?

  Rob, the quick answer is yes, regarding the changing noise depending on
certain button presses, on the Repeater.  Having said that, I've only heard
it change on two operations.  The first being erasing tracks, and the
second being copying data from internal memory to the CFC.  My posts
regarding this should be in the fairly recent archives.  - -about 2 or 3
weeks ago.   I A/B'ed it with a new Repeater from Electrix, and the new one
sounds the same, though I haven't tested it with the erase and copy
operations.  -Best of luck...

Smiles,

CQ

At 11:54 AM 7/16/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Good Day Team Looper!
>
>Short time lurker, first time poster.
>
>First, I just wanted to thank those of you who spend the time (make the
time) to interact and share knowledge, skills, and opinions.  I'm just a
hobbyist (hack) but because of you I've found a way (the confidence to try)
to make the music that I've enjoyed (Soundscapes, Ambient) and has been in
my head since back when I use to have a full head of hair.  I use a Gibson
Les Paul, POD, GR33, EDP, 4-track recorder and I just received the last
Repeater from Musicians friend.  While I've only just begun to scratch the
surface of the possibilities I've read about here, the pure enjoyment of
creating what I like to call 'spontaneous sound' is very gratifying.

>Anyway……the new Repeater I have has a 'hum' emanating from the headphone
jack (in the headphones only).  The frequency of the 'hum' changes as
different buttons illuminate on the front of the unit.   Short somewhere?
Any ideas? It is something I can live with but just wanted to know if
anyone else has come across this situation.

>Again thanks and someday I hope I can contribute something of value to
those who have help me so much.

>v/r
>Rob Pilkington

---