Re: Loop approach: Loop as effect

Kim Flint wrote:

> >Many effects devices have lot's of realtime parameter options, and can
>be
> >very similar in nature to rocking your finger on a string to produce
> >vibrato or any other more finger oriented effect.
>
> exactly my point. When you start interacting with the parameters of a
> device to the point where that interaction is a constant musical
> manipulation, in my mind the device has become the instrument. It is no
> longer a passive effect. Very few people treat their effects processors
> this way. Most just set a patch and play their instrument through it,
> leaving the processor to be passive rather than interactive.
>
> kim

True, in general, you're probably correct, except for wah wah pedals, most
people
don't "perform" the effect much, but a lot of that is changing now that
manufacturers are putting realtime control built into many of their
devices.
Digitech hardly makes a guitar effect that doesn't have a built in pedal.
This
is sweet, IMO.  Saves me the trouble of having to duct tape effects boxes
to my
guitar. (which does have a certain charm, though)

Mark Sottilaro