Re: sample based looping vs. delay looping

>On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 09:51  AM, Goddess wrote:
>
>>  regarding the sender's original point, of
>>the differences between sampling vs delay based loopers, do you have any
>>insights?
>>

>I'm not sure I make that distinction.  All loopers "sample."

there is a clear technical difference in how you treat memory:
A sample keeps in the same place an playback jumps to its start when
it reaches the end.
A tape kind of looper keeps reading and copying through the whole memory.

But with the introduction of StartPoint and AutoUndo in LOOP 2, the
sampling aspect came to it and we also jump in the memory sometimes.
And samples can be crossfaded and copied so the Repeater imitates the
tape kind of loops.

Still, the difference appears in the details of the functions available.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org