Re: sample based looping vs. delay looping

On Thursday, August 8, 2002, at 09:51  AM, Goddess wrote:

>  regarding the sender's original point, of
> the differences between sampling vs delay based loopers, do you have any
> insights?

I'm not sure I make that distinction.  All loopers "sample."  To me,
it's a functionality thing.  I can use the Repeater in ways that the
listener wouldn't be able to tell the difference from an EDP and vise
versa.  I could use it in other ways that would make someone who knows
say, "Oh he's using the <insert looper here> because only that box has
that functionality."  Right now I'm not using the EDP and the Repeater
together.  I haven't found the "place" for the EDP in my setup that
won't mean loosing my stereo setup.  I also find it distracting to have
to deal with two separate loopers, as I've already got a lot going on.
I think the EDP will become my live box, while the Repeater will be my
"studio" box.  At least for now.

Mark Sottilaro