Re: newbie looper/maybe out of the loop

>Welcome to the list.
>
>It sounds like looping is exactly what you want to do, but I think the
>issue you're having is that the Echo Pro is a bit limited in the Looper
>dept, but great at Echo stuff.  We were all dissapointed that the loops
>did not synch to MIDI.  Sounds to me like you'd do well with a Repeater
>($499 get'm while they're hot, they've been discontinued) or an Echoplex
>Digital Pro.  ($650) Both will synch the loops to a MIDI clock.  If you
>don't care about the live performance aspects of it all, check out the
>Roland SP-808 Groove Sampler.

Hi Mark,

Yes this line6 echo unit  is amazing . In fact I may keep it.  That still
leaves me looking for something that will do the job I wanted it for.
I'm a bass-player with an home studio, not a DJ. I have some very old
synthesizers and  some newer ones too.  I'm looking for some way to
construct tight rhythm parts but using the old noisemakers

Most of this old gear does not use MIDI and I don't really know much about
MIDI anyway.  Do any of these loop samplers have the ability to synch to
beats? I know there is DJ gear for getting turntables to synch up, would
seem like a neat feature to somehow use that ability in a looping
device....

Mike Berman
digiboy@nyc.rr.com