Re: Nu Metal vs. Steve Vai vs. Santana

Another way to look at the "Supernatural" phenomena is that groovy Rob
Thomas sold 7 million records, and hey--who's that old Mexican buy playing
guitar?  Every year there's a record that crosses generations and sells
boatloads out of left field, but it doesn't translate into an ongoing
interest in that music.  One year it was Santana's guest vocalist record,
another it's Bueno Vista All-Stars, then it's the "Brother, Where Art
Thou?"
soundtrack, but don't hold your breath for a sweeping interest in Cuban or
Bluegrass music.  People like to buy an oddball record or two each year,
but
it doesn't mean they all go wide and deep in buying other records of that
genre/artist.

TH