Re: EDP Hardware Interface

>  > I think the EDP comes off as being very non intuitive at first.
>After a
>>  little exploration, with some help from Andre Lafosse's EDP pages, I
>>  realize it's all about the set up.  Once you've got it set up like you
>>  like it, it's pretty easy to use, IMO.  Once you figure out what the
>  > functions really do, the set up is not bad either.
>  >

I dont see any need to set it up, unless you start syncing.
Right out of the box you can use the basic functions and do what many
musicians do for decades, without need for anything more.

>So, basically you agree with me.
>
>The interface on the EDP DOESN'T give you the ability to do things that
>you
>CAN do if you use ANOTHER interface -- namely a MIDI controller of some
>kind.
>
>Take away the Musical Information Digital INTERFACE -- and you're not
>going
>to accomplish what you can WITH one.

thats true, but not drastic, since you get over 80% of the
functionality from the front.

>Let me put it another way...
>
>It's easy pretty easy to RECORD, OVERDUB, MULTIPLY, INSERT, MUTE, UNDO and
>do NEXTLOOP...  And in a few places, one can replace one capability for
>another -- For example INSERT can be swapped for REVERSE.  That's what's
>accessible from the hardware interface on the EDP.

not quite: the main trick of the interface is to allow many more
functions by long presses and what we call cross functions: the
meaning of the button depends on the state you are in:
Multiply-Record = unrounded Multiply
Mute-Insert = trigger sample
Mute-Multiply = ReAlign (only usefull when syncing)

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org