Re: EDP Hardware Interface

>What you guy are pointing out to me is that many more features are
>accessible from the existing EDP hardware interface than I'm taking
>advantage of.

happens to everyone ;-)

>  And that some others capabilities are easiest accessed via a midi
>controller.

very few ones, actually: about 5 DirectMIDI commands and the direct
switching between loops.
Also the direct access to all parameters through Sysex, but thats the
same for every MIDI machine

>Dealing with all these variables/parameters live and while playing
>with other people is just a headful of stuff to keep track of.

probably you find a few ways that correspond to your music and/or the
situation (band) and then get used to those.

>I guess I'm just a bit of a bonehead and hate dealing with manuals.

also very common. A lot you discover by trying.
Remember that a yellow LED means that you get a different function if
you press that button.

>  AURISIS -- is the Loop IV software code-base portable to the PC and
>MAC OS's??

no, its written in ASM, directly for that HW.
I am rewriting it in C++ now, but I dont think it will become
available for the computers too soon.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org