Re: SV: Popularity/influence/etc.

At 11:21 AM -0700 8/28/02, sine@zerocrossing.net wrote:
>Pioneer makes a really cool CD player that, IMO (not being a vinyl guy at
>all) does a great job of emulating vinyl.

I spent some time with a pair of these and was impressed.

There is also a trend toward using vinyl records and turntables to
control digital playback systems. These systems require a special
time code LP and a computer interface.

Stanton Final Scratch
http://www.finalscratch.com/fs2/start.asp
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM02/Content/Stanton/PR/Final-Scratch.html

Scott Wardle (aka Ms. Pinky) has independently developed a similar
system. I've seen him perform with it twice, and he has expressed
interest in having others use the system.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com