Re: Andys music (was: Looping alive in LA)

>  > Andre's show at the Crooked Bar was great- the tight rhythmic things
>he
>>   did really were great- audience members were able to tap their feet to
>>   the glitch o tronic beats. Good job. Is it the new software? The new
>>   footpedal? Or simply choice?
>
>Well I guess "the dude" is using an 8th Quantise to do that.
>That's a new thing in Loop4, intended to allow a connection
>between the far out glitchy stuff  and the more straightforward type
>of looping. Which, from your description, seems to be what is happening.
>
>which is good :-)
>
>the footpedal just makes it all much easier
>
>andy butler

I passed a very good day at Andy in Norwich last week (wow, only a week
ago!).
He played us some of this stuff and it sounded really beautifull.
I understood how the FlipMode which he created is related to that.
It gives you a soft way to replace with the pedal, better for cloudy
sequences, while 8th quant + SUSsubstitute turns into precise
rhythmic sequences.
He used it with the ebow and I was amazed how smartly he placed a
little chunk of the actual note into the right spot of the "sequence"
running rather quickly behind.
Sounds very pleasent to me, neither nervous nor boring, rather alive
and gradually changing...

yep, its a new world, looping is not just what it used to be... I
will have to tell more about the other meetings!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org