Looping with keyboards (was: Re: "Save Loop" feature)

Heh, I too used to haul around an Ensonic TS-10.  Aluminum chassie makes a
*heavy* keyboard.  For what?  I mainly used it to sequence beats and do
some
synth drones.  My Roland MC-307 was a great replacement, and it's about
the size
of a physics textbook. (our stick player Katrin has a book called Gravity
that
we joke about.  I swear it's got it's own measurable gravity well!)

Anyway, I never felt that anyone was dissiponted when I rarely touched the
TS-10's keys, however I felt it was a waste.  It's got a good home now, so
all
is well.  Part of it's replacement was with a Roland GR-30/XV-5050 setup.
kept telling myself that I'd start playing the keyboard, but in reality, I
never
did.  Why be mediorcre on yet another instrument, I ask.  The guitar synth
is a
great patch for me.  I don't have to learn another instrument and I get
all the
cool sounds one could imagine.  Once, while lamenting on my inability to
purchase a GR-30, I had an idiot guitar sales man say to me, "Well, you've
got
to ask yourself if you're a guitar player or a keyboard player."  Why?
Limitations can sometimes be useful, but if you've got the desire, the
time and
the hardware, why not?

Mark Sottilaro