Re: Multiply Function on EDP

>Does anyone know if there is a way to have the Multiply function quantize
>odd bar multiples?

do you mean rounding or quantizing?
rounding is allways to cycles, so independent of the number of the cycle.
quantizing can be set to off/cycle/loop

>E.G. Say you have a 2 bar drum loop and you use the multiply function for
>song that is, say, 19 bars long. Is there a way you can get the Multiply
>quantize the extra bar (since it's not a multiple of 2) so you don't have
>bar of silence until the next multiple of 2 cycles around?

Multiply never introduces silence if there was none before.

As I understand you, the original 2 bars are in one cycle, so you
would multiply it by 10 you would get the 20 bars?

- If you end the multiplication by Record, you define a new cycle of
any lenght. So if you press it exactly where bar 19 ends, you get the
loop you want, but with the disadvantage that its one cycle, so to
change the number of bars again, you would have to do it with
Multiply-Record again. And it may not be precise and throw you out of
sync to anything.
- (InsertMode=Insert) Record the origninal 2 bar drum loop by
pressing Record to start, then Insert after the first bar and Insert
again during the second bar. By this you have your original loop in 2
cycles and you can just multiply to any number of bars.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org