Re: love, vision, and archetypes

>     I have several looping jams I've used while making love, but no
>more. I
>found it too distracting - I kept going "into the recording," finding
>myself
>being where the recording took place and not in the moment with my
>partner.

I know what you mean! It depends a lot on the age of the recording, though.
Listen to it more, so the thoughts related to its creation come and
go and then try it again!

>On the other hand, I sent one C90 cassette of sexy loops to my nephew who
>said it was really good for him - he had no "other experience" to distract
>him.

lucky one... and the rest of the world? How about some CD-Rs :-) ?

>     I visualize loops as painting. Frippy violin-like slow-rise
>slow-decay
>sounds are water colors; precise rhythmic Steve Reich stuff is Mondrian;
>non-sync'd rhythmic stuff is Cubism; bright tones are yellow; G major is a
>healing green. And I visualize loops as traveling. High feedback is like
>rising over a landscape, low feedback is like travelling along a road.
>Fast
>repetition is like fast motion; slow is like slow motion. Deliberately
>overlaying a new sound upon an old sound is like turning a corner and
>having
>a tree obscure the view of a lake...

right, this all sounds familiar to me. Its not that I could not feel
it, but I dont *see* it.

[  Hm. Now I realize that Goddess got me. To imagine the feeling is
enough to create couple music. So I was rather interested in the
voyeristic satisfaction than the music <smiles>
I will have to pay for that - just wait, I will come up with
something. LOL... ]

Besides, I am rather looking for another kinds of associations:

God: a deep drone
The Healing Energy: quirling mixture of rather high pitched quick melodies
to Give is a melody down
to Grow: a melody up
to Work: steady beat
Love: romantic melodic
Tension: disharmony
Hate: free tonal melody
Domination: a fat harmony

Recently someone wanted music for a war story. I felt the phases:
- the reason: some disharmonic clusters growing
- the motivation: Marsh music, a heavy pulse with euphoric brass
- the act: maybe still the same rhythm but different wild melodies
and screaming dist.
- the result: some muddy drone and shrieking sounds

I mean: Anyone could come up with something similar, because the
music has some absolute meanings to it. We got global musical
archetypes. Lets use them to communicate!

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org