Re: Patch Bay Question...

At 03:01 PM 9/28/2002 -0700, JAMES FOWLER, III wrote:

>what exactly do you mean by "flexible patching functionality"?  are you
>talking about continuous control within presets (panning, gain inc/dec,
>etc.)?  the switchblade offers a whole slew of options other than basic
>patching.

Sorry.  From the other posts here, I was thinking the Switchblade was
merely an automated patchbay and didn't realize it was more
fully-featured.  In particular, I'm curious about the ability to change
the
order of different modules, switch source/destination paths, etc.  The
type
of things you would do on a regular basis with your typical patch-panel in
the studio.

I'm curious if, during performance, people find that kind of flexibility
be a real boon or more confusing than it's worth.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil